“The real estate business does compete on deals… not really in such a cutthroat manner…. Raising levels of sharing is healthy…. Good for everyone” Stated CEO Francis Greenborger Time Equities during today’s Fireside Chat hosted by Mariel Ebrahimi, CEO, DisruptCRE (https://www.disruptcre.com/team)
Where we are today…
1) “We are in a period of transition …. How do we use technology? What do we do with it are questions being asked today” Michael Mandel, Co-Founder & CEO, COMPSTAK (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mmandel)
2) “Data has always been separate repositories… all the companies are trying to figure out how to bring them all together” Brian Mascis CRO, Rockport VAL (https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-mascis-7ba5b711)
3) “Why change what has been working? Now people understand we need to aggregate and consolidate our information….Kent Tarrach VP, Asset Management & Global Corporate Development Brookfield Properties (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kent-tarrach-3b518213)
4) “Many times, when we are talking to clients… they are saying we don’t know what to do with technology” Harry Blanchard Director, Moodys Analytics Accelerator (https://www.linkedin.com/in/harry-blanchard-18152a7)
Statements by #DisruptCRE panelist during Data: The New Commercial Real Estate Currency exploring how owners and occupiers are utilizing data, the challenges they face, and the future of this booming industry….
When asked about the future of real estate technology….
1) “If I can take data from one platform to another, that is what we are looking for” Kent Tarrach VP, Asset Management & Global Corporate Development Brookfield Properties (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kent-tarrach-3b518213)
2) “Being able to compare any and all datasets across investments…. Benchmarking data against market demand” Michael Mandel, Co-Founder & CEO, COMPSTAK (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mmandel)
3) “We do know more transparency means more efficiency” Harry Blanchard Director, Moody’s Analytics Accelerator (https://www.linkedin.com/in/harry-blanchard-18152a7)
In summary we have 4,900,000 real estate professionals, who are no longer asking, what technology to use, andwhen/if to use it. CRE Professionals are asking, how do I use technology and how do the relationships between my technology help my businesses.
The answer is simple, each technology brings benefits to the industry, but the combination of technologies, brings a more complete tool to create the most benefit on behalf of the end user; investor, developer, broker, lender, owner, service professionals. Knowledge is power, the more we have the more value we bring to our clients.
Still not convinced you need to be reviewing your capital stack call CRE Collaborative at 203-307-2242 or email us at info@CRECollaborative.com
*Thank you to DisruptCRE for wonderful show
** Thank you to all the panelists for your insight (if I have misquoted in anyway please do not hesitate to reach out)
By Andreas Senie
Founder, Business Development Leader, and CRETechnophile
203-304-2242 | Andreas@CRECollaborative.com